I weigh every Tuesday evening and am recorded each weigh in before my 30th birthday at the end of June (eek!!) I missed the last weigh in but am here now and raring to go!
So the last few weeks have been a bit topsy turvey. My health has been pretty poor and I have practically lived on lozengers and honey and lemon to encourage my voice to return. As much as I have tried to implement damage limitation and have eaten well, there’s only so much you can get away with before you gain as lozengers are full of sugar and large quanitites of honey is not great for weight loss!
I was realistic about this before weighing and although I experienced a gain since I last run a blog post on this, it is only a minor setback and I am happy to continue as before, and as I am currently. It’s a marathon not a sprint and I’m still lighter than when I started. For me, the health part is the most important, and I need to be fully recovered before I work at 100mph again and get back to my running and so on
Exercise wise, I’ve been feeling better so on Sunday we went out on the bikes to a local country park but the hubster returned with the car to prevent me from riding home as he was worried about me (pah). It’s very frustrating having to take it easy but I know it’s for the best. We also went out for a short walk (for a picnic) on Sunday to the New Forest. I love living in the south and having all of these amazing areas close by
I have no idea how it happened but next week is my last weigh in before I turn 30 (seriously, how did that happen?!?!?!) so it’s a case of staying focused and relaxing as much as possible to get my voice back whilst eating well
This week’s information:
- Loss this week: +1lb
- Overall loss to date: 8.5lbs (over half a stone, yay me!)
- Highs of the previous week: I made a great syn free cottage pie for the hubster and J which I really don’t like but it means they could both eat on Sunday night and Monday night when I was out. Instead of hunting for a packet dinner or getting a bag of crisps to eat I made egg fried rice and had leftovers for the following day. I was knackered and wanted to sleep but I did it and was quietly pleased with myself
- Lows of the previous week: Not being able to fully control my daily syns through lozengers and honey. It’s getting better which is good news
- Food news: We quite often struggle when we get in and want some food but don’t actually know what to cook, so we are going to do a mini folder / cookbook with all of the meals we like to eat, the basic ingredients and time it takes. A flash of inspiration when it’s needed
- Challenges for the week ahead: To keep at it food wise, rest and get back to 100%
- Exercise news (new category!): Little and often and not over exerting myself is really important. I’m glad we went for the bike ride and I’m glad we went for a walk on Sunday. I get a little stir crazy if I don’t get out and about
Here’s to another week and another loss ahead, I’m determined to hit double figures so that’s a loss of 1.5lbs or more… definitely achievable !
Linking up with Mirka at Fitness 4 Mamas