Last year I joined in with Me and Mine with a plan to have me in front of the camera and for us to have family portraits. I am so glad I joined this as even in the months when I couldn’t put the words together we still took a photo every month and I really enjoyed looking back on the year. We also have photos for the walls at home – something I’ve wanted to do since moving in 4.5 years ago
There’s been a lot of nasty bugs going around and we fell foul to them in January which meant we didn’t get out as much as we had originally hoped to but we still had some great family outings beforehand. Early on in the month I decided we would visit Godshill in the New Forest for a walk as we had been there once since our first outing with Lexi as a puppy. Not knowing what the winter weather would be like later in the month I decided to take a family photo as the views were gorgeous and although it wasn’t sunny it wasn’t raining which is always a bonus at this time of year!
We meandered along the route for a couple of hours and surprisingly for a January day it was pretty warm and we found ourselves taking layers off and even coats off before heading back to the car. Anyone who knows me knows that I love this gorgeous season for all it’s harshness, randomness and beauty. There may be dark evenings and mornings, but we are often treated to beautiful sunrises and sunsets, gorgeous scenes, frost, fog and hardly anyone out on a walk – what more can you ask for?
- Really enjoyed visiting places we haven’t been to years in the New Forest and surrounding areas
- Loved looking at the fog and interesting scenes it gave us when most of the south was covered
- Appreciated mum looking after me and nursing me back to health when I was poorly, I’m not the easiest patient
- Loved going out on his scooter with his mum and J on theirs too
- Had a great time watching J on her bike at the New Forest and seeing Lexi run alongside her
- Enjoyed having conversations about the future and making plans
- Has done brilliantly at her swimming lessons and when asked said this was her favourite thing this month
- Went to a lot of birthday parties and saw lots of friends
- Enjoyed going out on her scooter and having great adventures
- Enjoyed rolling around in everything she could find on her walks but did not enjoy the baths afterwards!
Ending with a little outtake while they played and waited for me to set the tripod up