Well there goes another month in a flash and we are 1/3 through the year already. April had a full calendar and lots of travel but I’m sure every month I say 2017 is going far too quickly. We started the month in Devon and since have travelled to Dorset, West Sussex, North Yorkshire, our home county of Hampshire and we are finishing it off in Cheshire with one of our best friends
I was curious and decided to map our journeys and excluding our commutes we spent 1200 miles travelling up and around our beautiful country. It’s made for some lovely memories but we’re having a slightly scaled back May as a result
Aside from our adventures, our big news in April was finding out about J’s school admission. We didn’t get our first choice but J is happy with the colour jumper of the school she wanted, the school is closer and it’s still a great school. I love the simplicity of children and their thoughts on the world and why she wanted that school though. Paperwork has been completed and she has a start date and it’s all becoming a bit too real, it’s scary that I’m going to be a mummy to a schoolgirl come September
This month’s photos were taken during our annual Easter stay in York. I realised on the way up that so far every photo has been taken in a different county; we’ve had Surrey, Devon and Hampshire so I wanted to continue the theme and I’m going to see how long I can keep it up!
I’d spent all weekend wanting to capture a family photo and by the time Easter Monday had come round and we were due to travel home I still hadn’t. It was a mixture of the places we’d visited, weather and timings but as I had just about given up hope finally the sun came out, it stopped raining and we captured these family photos
- Has loved doing lots of Easter hunts and seeing the bluebells on my travels
- Had a great spa day and girly catch up with my cousin. It was much needed and long overdue
- Enjoyed sitting with J and helping her with her workbooks. She doesn’t enjoy colouring but she loves doing numbers, shapes and phonics and almost every day asks me to sit with her to do them
- Loved visiting Brimham Rocks and rock climbing with family and friends
- Laughed a lot at J when she fell over in the sea at Durdle Door
- Adored seeing Lexi act like a puppy all over again on her beach trips
- Swam front crawl properly for the first time and was so proud of herself
- Loved finding out about her school
- Was super excited to see her friends in York and ‘Aunty’ in Cheshire
- Loved her Easter treat of lamb on the bone (but was naughty, ate the bone too and we all had to suffer the repercussions afterwards)
May sees weekends with less travel, a girls weekend away for my cousins 30th and a weekend with our best friend visiting us for the last bank holiday weekend, then it’s a hop, skip and a jump to our holiday.