I’m going to my first ever conference in a few short weeks and I’m a little bit nervous having never met anyone that’s going before. I’m really looking forward to it, even if people may look at me weird with a Christmas jumper on when at the train! The team did a linky for us to get to know each other which is fab so here goes – I’m Sherry, and here are my answers to the linky Q’s
Please share your favourite photo of you
- I don’t really have a favourite photo of me – I quite often get someone else in the photo to take attention away from me! This one was taken some 8 years ago at my sister’s 21st birthday when I wasn’t looking. I look young, happy and healthy, and it was a great party overall
If you could choose a band to play in your garden for your birthday, who would you pick?
- Snow Patrol or Feeder, both are favourites of mine and I’m lucky enough to have seen both live
What do you take with you for long visits to the toilet?
- Often a magazine accompanies me and failing that, my good old iPhone
What word can’t you spell?
- Definitely (auto correct instantly moved the E and L to the right position!) I’ve never been able to conquer it!
What’s the most unusual job you’ve ever had?
- Erm, next question? I’ve always had really stereotypical jobs
Knitting, sewing or crotchet?
- Knitting, every year I knit a scarf for J, here is last years
Without looking it up, what is a jerkinhead?
- No idea, it sounds like youth speak (am I old by saying ‘youth speak’…) I checked afterwards and there are two definitions coming up, I wonder which one!
If you could have as much of one food as you wanted forever, what would it be?
- Nachos and cheese, accompanied by a large glass of Diet Coke. Sadly I can’t have any of these any more
What is the scariest thing you’ve ever done?
- Lone travel is by far the scariest thing I’ve done but it’s so exhillerating. I explored Manhattan on my own for 24 hours and drove from Toronto to New York on my own, stopping to explore Niagra Falls
If you needed a getaway driver, who would you choose?
- My best friend RH, she has the fastest car I know and would drive pretty fast if I needed her to
Would you rather live in Narnia or at Hogwarts?
- Narnia all the way, we’re actually going to a Narnia Christmas event and I’m so excited! (I’ve never read or seen Harry Potter… please don’t judge me!)
What snack food says ‘Christmas’ to you?
- My mums quiche and vol-au-vents
Is there life on Mars?
- I don’t think so no, but I think there is life out there somewhere
Which Christmas movie would you be a character in, and who would play you?
- I would be in love actually and play the part of Colin Firth’s housekeeper. Who doesn’t love a bit of Colin Firth? If I wasn’t allowed to be in it and have a smooch with him, I think Julia Roberts would be brilliant. She’s the total opposite to me in looks and height, but she’s stunning and I love her acting
What are you proudest of?
- My daughter. It maybe sounds a bit cheesy and corny but she makes me proud every day and honoured to be her mummy. Aside from that I’m proud that I have managed to self teach myself manual on my camera and capture shots I wouldn’t have been able to 5 years ago
So that’s a bit about me! Thanks for reading, and I look forward to meeting you in ‘real life’ in a few short weeks