It’s the 30th October and tomorrow’s post is scheduled. As it’s our monthly family portrait project post and is a round up of the month that was, I wanted to write my review of Blogtober here today
I started the month wondering how I would succeed, and if I’m to be honest I finish the month wondering how I succeeded! When I set my mind to something I stick to it, and I’m glad I decided to take on the challenge of daily blogging. While I enjoyed it, I don’t think I’ll be continuing the theme throughout November. Here’s what I loved and didn’t love as much about it:
- I enjoyed putting a creative hat on. I get wrapped up in recording my weekly and monthly ‘usuals’ – my Ordinary Moments, Weekly lists, Me and Mine, that when I realised they wouldn’t fill a month I had to look outside the box
- Taking more photos and spending more time reviewing them
- Learning how to use Canva to make some backdrops
- Looking at Pinterest for inspiration. I don’t use Pinterest that often but I started to in October and have a real love for it
- Stumbling upon Bloglovin thanks to Donna at whattheredheadsaid. All of my favourite blogs are now in one place and I don’t know how I got by without it
- I loved doing a recipe with J, feeling focused with our bucket list, and looking back at my autumn photos from last year and the one before
- Feeling ‘obliged’ to write every day. Some days I didn’t want to, some days I struggled, and some days I needed inspiration (see Pinterest comment above…)
- The tiredness. While I tried my hardest to schedule posts on a Wednesday, I often use that day as my catch up day for everything else. This meant that I spent lots of evenings writing and working on posts and reviewing photos, ready for the next day
- I loved being more creative and learning new ways of doing things, writing about things I enjoy, and I’ll be increasing my posts on a weekly basis and varying it
- I won’t be posting every day. I have a full time job, I’m a mum, wife and dog owner, and I like to split my time appropriately – as I write this it’s half term, and J is currently sat in her room watching the iPad. She asked to, as she is exhausted form a busy few days, but while she is doing that I’m using my time writing rather than something else
- I’d like to do Blogtober again next year, as I genuinely enjoyed the challenge, but I think next year I’ll go in a bit more prepared than this one, as I decided to participate on the 1st October!
Here are some of my favourite photos and posts from the month gone by. October you’ve been great, but it’s time for a slower paced November!