And so we’re already through the first month of 2018. I’m not going to lie, I’m exhausted! There’s been a lot of change,, a new job, new routines and new activities each week but it’s been a good start to the year and although we’re all very tired, we’re all really pleased we’ve done it all and made it through to the end
For most of the month January was miserable weather wise, we had grey sky upon grey sky, and it made me question why I always say winter is one of my favourite seasons. Thankfully the sun decided to shine at the end of the month and we managed to finally get out, and that works for me. I’m not saying we’re a family of fair-weather walkers – we’re quite the opposite, but it’s been really windy and wet, and that’s just not fun
We wanted to continue the theme of outdoors family photos and my cousin’s husband kindly took these for us when out on a walk on the last weekend, as the end of the month seemed to creep up on us
- Starting my new job. I was a bag of nerves on my first dayand there’s a lot to learn, but it was the right change and I’m pleased with that
- Having a mummy daughter day mid month
- Having lunches out. My mum and dad kindly got us restaurant vouchers for Christmas, and we used them on the weekend for some quality family lunches
The hubster loved:
- Roast dinner Sundays. It sounds silly but family afternoons at home on a Sunday with a dinner he cooked made him smile
- Playing lots of tennis
- Watching J do the Kevin McAllister (Home Alome) eyebrows – too funny!
- Starting 3 clubs in January – we were only going to do 2 but she pleaded with us to do all 3 so we are trying it for a term to see how tired she is
- Starting at a childminders – after school club was a bit too overwhelming for her, and since starting at the childminders, we’ve had to drag her out in the evenings
- Going for a dog walk with her cousin. She absolutely adores her younger cousin and although L wasn’t feeling it on the walk, J had a brilliant time!
- Rolling in as much fox poo as she could find – horrid!
February has another half term where the hubster and J have some time together, a month of school diary activities and a couple of evenings out planned. I have a feeling I’ll be saying how quick the shortest month of the year seemed to pass by!